Consideration is given to academic achievement and possible contribution to the life of the school.
After the results of the Scholarship Examination are available, students who have been placed on the shortlist will be asked to attend an interview at the school. Scholarship interviews are conducted at the end of Term 1 and beginning of Term 2, 2018. If students are not available during this time period to attend an interview, unfortunately they will not be considered for a scholarship as this may delay the selection and offer process. Applicants should ensure they have no conflicting commitments during this time period.
Value of Scholarships
Scholarships cover remission of tuition fees only. Additional costs such as uniform items, computer notebook, textbooks, excursions and consolidated charges are not included. The value of each Scholarship may vary depending on the calibre of the candidate and may cover 100% of tuition fees, 75%, 50% or 25%. The school reserves the right to withhold a Scholarship (in any Year) if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. All Scholarships are subject to annual review but are normally tenable for the length of the recipient’s education at the School, subject to continuing satisfactory progress, performance and attitude.
- The Scholarship Examination will be held at Central Coast Grammar School on Thursday 15 February 2018, registration from 8.15 - 8.45am. Assemble at the Performing Arts Centre car park, Arundel Road, Erina Heights.
- The examination will conclude at 12.45pm.
- Students will sit an examination appropriate for their grade administered by an external Academic Assessment Services company.
- Students may be collected at 12.45pm after the examination or, if you wish to take a tour of the campus with your child please meet them at 1.15pm (lunch will be provided for your child before the tour). External music applicants are to be collected at 2.30pm after the music aptitude test.
- Central Coast Grammar School students are required to remain at school following the examination and attend lessons until the end of the school day.
- As the examination relates to scholarships at Central Coast Grammar School only, applicants are unable to sit the examination at an alternative school campus.
- Unfortunately there can be no amendments to examination times due to the number of applicants and a tight schedule on the day. Applicants should ensure they have no conflicting commitments.
Parents and students are invited to take a tour of the school together at 1.15pm. As the examination finishes at 12.45pm we will provide lunch for your child before you collect them for a student-led tour. View other tour opportunities throughout the year, including our Year 7 2019 Information Morning held on Friday 2 March, 2018.
Notification of Offer of Scholarship
A letter indicating whether the applicant has been successful or otherwise will be sent to the parents/guardian by the end of Term 2, 2018. The school does not provide feedback to parents on any aspect of the scholarship process. This includes the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examination, music aptitude test, music audition or any interview. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the school and the school’s decision is final.
A $1,500 Scholarship Entrance Deposit will become payable by new families to the school on acceptance of an offer of a Scholarship. This deposit is fully refundable without interest when your last child leaves the school. This is subject to parents having paid all monies due to the school and otherwise having complied with the Conditions of Enrolment. If the student’s enrolment is cancelled or if the student is withdrawn from the school prior to the end of Term 1, 2019 this deposit will not be refunded.
Students are shortlisted after the interview process. This list is kept active for 12 months from the date of the Scholarship Examination.